Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Like Father like daughter
I have heard many a people in businesss say " Do not do business with friends or family, it can get ugly" Well my friends, I do undterstand why you shouldnt, or why you should avoid it, but in my case it was unavoidable! I hired my dad to do the build out and be the general contractor on the bakery... MUAHAHAHAH - Insert evil laugh- (what a roll reversal right?!?) Now, I LOVE my dad. I do, but this is going to be very trying for the both of us. He is an amazing builder and extremely smart, and like father like daughter, we dont back down, which means we dont like to admit we are wrong so we will argue until we each personally feel that we are victorious or B: until we storm out on each other. So if you can imagine I hired my dad to do all this work, and I pretty much told him he has to work for free, for now, and for cookies, and he has been busting his hump. Also might I add that becuase I live with my parents, when I need something or need to know information like buildout cost, and numbers on various items around the bakery , HE CANT HIDE FROM ME!! Haha yes, Im pretty sure that when he hears the door close and "DADDY!?" he cringes or as in recent happenings has resorted to fake sleeping in his chair. Ok, he probably was tired and actually sleeping, but I wouldnt put it past him to fake sleep so does not have to talk yet again about questions about the same things. I just thought that this was information that should be known for future reference come the video blogs. Wish us luck... we are gonna need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment